May 1, 2008

Quite a Scare

Our Sweet Kobe gave us quite a scare this past Monday.  Monday night I recieved a call at work.  It was Owen and all he said was "Come home now, Kobe has fallen."  I really think I got home in a record time of 6 minutes as opposed to the 12-15 minutes it usually takes me.  Kobe and Roah had been riding their bikes and Kobe accidentally crashed his bike and hit his head on the road.  He was knocked out for appro. 2 minutes and when he came to, could not remember what day it was or anything that had happened in the past 2 weeks.  He could still remember names, but other than that nothing.  We raced him to the E.R., had a Cat scan done, and the results came back good with no bleeding or anything of that nature.  When we got home Kobe just wanted to sleep and was so tired. He began throwing up about a half hour after we got home from the E.R.. I slept on the couch with him all night, afraid he wouldn't ever wake up (paranoid mother, I know.)  Tuesday morning he was still throwing up but doing do much better.  And now he is acting like the good old Kobe we knew.  
He has some battle wounds from the fall which he usually have a million band aids on them.   But Kobe is quite a tough kid.
Roah has stayed by Kobe's side, even when Kobe falls asleep.  Roah just brings out his D.S. and lays right by Kobe.  They are truly best friends.
Worn out!
And by Thursday morning with no school all week, Oh, so bored!

19 comments:

Summmack said...

Kobes, Ethan really misses you!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Downs Family said...

Sorry about the fall Kobe, we had just been talking to them outside before they left and I guess that's when the crash happened. Get better soon! Hey Brianne I made my blog private so send me your e-mail so that I can send you an invite. krdowns@comcast.net

Joy said...

I feel so bad that it took me this long to find out! I hope Kobe is doing better soon!

Renee said...

Yikes! That sounds scary. I am glad that he is doing okay. Cute pictures. I love his hair. You really do have beautiful boys - or handsome as my Nick says.

Marva said...

WOW! Kobe,
So sorry about your fall. That is so scary Brianne. I'm glad he is doing better. Tell Roah Happy belated birthday. Corbyn still talks about them. We need to get them together soon.

Amy Morris said...

Ouch! How scary! Glad to hear he's doing better. I love that your kids are best little buddies.

ALI said...

Holy cow I would be totally freakihng out Your boys are darling We totally need to catch up.

Robyn said...

Holy cow, I wondered why I haven't seen him outside for a couple of days, poor kid! I'm glad he is a tuff kid! That sucks! Hang in there buddy!

anderson's said...

I am so glad he's ok, Brianne! Give him a big squeeze for us!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

oh kobe We heard about your fall I am so glad you are feeling better!!!

luke & sammy said...

Summer told me about Kobe, so sad. Those pictres of him are so sad just laying on the couch. That is quite the scare but I am glad he is alright!

RiverGirl said...

I'm glad everything is OK!

Tara said...

Hey Brianne, I saw you had a blog from cyndi's. I still have your address that you gave to me and kenny at the reunion we suck cause we never came by sorry. Our boys are the same age thats crazy, we should try to get together. I am sorry about your little boy, Kenny did the same thing and couldn't remeber that we had got married he did it about 6 years ago it was kind of funny but scarry. He says he really couldn't remember getting married but I think he just did that so he could go out with some hot girl that he met on the ski slopes where he did it!j/k It was crazy I hope your boy is doing ok it sucks when our kids get hurt.

Ellery said...

that was so scary...i couldnt believe that happened right after we were talking to them! im sorry you guys all had to go through that:( i can't imagine! so glad he is ok!
those pictures of him are so sweet. your boys have the most gorgeous eyes! speaking of eyes...mine got all teary when i got to the picture of roah staying by his side even when he was sleeping. that is the cutest thing!

Soggy in Seattle said...

I saw your name on Dan & Cathy's blog, it's so great to be in touch again. We really miss you guys. I didn't even recognize your boys, they are so grown up! I'm so sorry to hear about Kobe, poor guy. That's so sweet Roah has been helping to nurse him back to health! Let's keep in touch!

Melissa said...

I am so glad that he is doing better. I would have been panicked. Your boys are so handsome :)

megan said...

Hi Brianne- this is Megan Hoybjerg! I saw your blog from Cathy's and I just wanted to say hi. I can't believe how big your boys are!!! So crazy! I am glad the Kobe is doing better- how scary! Anyhow, tell Owen we say hello and take care!!

megship said...

Brianne, holy cow, I am glad he is ok. I love that Roah sat by him. That is so cute. I hope my boys end up being that close!

Jennifer said...

Hey I blog jumped and found you guys. Your boys are gorgeous! I'm so glad he recoved normally from his fall. How scary. Hope you guys are doing really well.