May 29, 2008

Kobe's Race

The much anticipated field day was this week, and Kobe was pumped about it.  Those of you that don't know Kobe very well, he is extremely competitive (don't know where he got that from.) Grades 1st - 3rd ran the mile, and Kobe is more of a sprinter than a distance runner. But he wanted to win so bad he just kept on pushing himself harder. And he did really well, he came in 6th place overall.
 "I think I'm dying Mom, I think I'm dying. I hate running that far!"
Kobe explaining to me play by play of the race and what he was thinking while he was running.
Roah so proud of his big  brother,  but tried to steal his ribbon twice.
Overall Kobe was happy with his performance, and I'm sure he would do it again.

7 comments:

Codi said...

If we had to run a mile back when we had field day I would have never gotten a ribbon. I can't believe that he did so well... actually I can.

Tara said...

Your stories of your boys make me laugh so hard. They remind me so much of you!!!

Renee said...

I remember field days - oh that makes me feel old! Your boys are seriously beautiful! Way to go Kobe!

anderson's said...

I remember working out with you & we would have to go faster than anyone around us....I know where Kobe got it from! We would love to meet you guys in Vegas in August, let us know.

Ellery said...

that is so great about kobe...he is such a great kid. i know i say this all the time but your boys are so beautiful and photogenic. you need to call my sister and have a photo shoot with her!
and how cool is your sisters internship?! wow what an opportunity, what does she want to go into?

Morris Family said...

Wow! Way to go Kobe! I have no idea where he got his competitive edge from? hmmmm... :)

Randi said...

Hey guys!!! How are you? Your boys are sooo cute! I can't believe how big they are getting. Time really flies! How are things in Utah? Does Owen love his job? We miss you guys!
Randi and Matt